Fundamentals of Body CT, 4th Edition 2015
Perfect for radiology residents and practitioners,Fundamentals of Body CToffers an easily accessible introduction to body CT! Completely revised and meticulously updated, this latest edition covers today’s most essential CT know-how, including the use of multislice CT to diagnose chest, abdominal, and musculoskeletal abnormalities, as well as the expanded role of 3D CT and CT angiography in clinical practice. It’s everything you need to effectively perform and interpret CT scans.
• Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know informationto effectively interpret CTs and the salient points needed to make accurate diagnoses.
• Review how the anatomy of each body area appears on a CT scan.
• Grasp each procedure and review key steps quicklywith a comprehensive yet concise format.
• Achieve optimal results with step-by-step instructionson how to perform all current CT techniques.
• Compare diagnoses with a survey of major CT findings for a variety of common diseases-with an emphasis on those findings that help to differentiate one condition from another.
• Make effective use of 64-slice MDCT and dual source CT scanners with coverage of the most current indications.
• Stay current extensive updates of clinical guidelines that reflect recent changes in the practice of CT imaging, including (ACCP) Diagnosis and Management of Lung Cancer guidelines, paraneoplastic and superior vena cava syndrome, reactions to contrast solution and CT-guided needle biopsy.
• Get a clear view of the current state of imaging from extensively updated, high-quality images throughout.
• Access the complete contents online,fully searchable, at ExpertConsult.
Felson’s Principles of Chest Roentgenology, Fourth Edition 2015
Popular for its easy-to-use format, Felson’s Principles of Chest Roentgenology remains the must-have primer of chest radiology. With the inclusion of the latest imaging approaches and terminology, its unique programmed learning approach-presented in a highly interactive style-demystifies reading and interpreting radiologic images. High-quality images and diagrams are accompanied by multiple-choice review questions to reinforce key concepts. Additional online images plus self-assessment tests help you sharpen your skills and build confidence!
- Quickly grasp the radiology fundamentals you need to know-including basic science, image interpretation, and terminology-with the popular “programmed learning” approach, which promotes fast learning and reference.
- Discern the nuances between modalities by comparing CT and MR images as well as traditional radiographs.
- View detailed clinical images covering all the image types you’ll see on the boards including digital quality radiographs and an introduction of PET imaging, plus more advanced imaging such as CT and MRI than ever before.
- Benefit the from more robust interactive offerings in an e-book format-with easy-to-access quizzes and board questions provided online.
- Test your skills and simulate the exam experience with updated content aligned with the new MCQ-format Board exam for easy preparation and review.
Problem Solving in Emergency Radiology 2014
Optimize diagnostic accuracy in the emergency department with Problem Solving in Radiology: Emergency Radiology, a new addition to the popular Problem Solving in Radiology series. Published in association with theAmerican Society of Emergency Radiology, the medical reference book is designed to help experienced radiologists, residents, or emergency medicine practitioners accurately address problematic conditions and reach the most accurate diagnosis.
- Access problem-oriented content that helps you quickly and accurately diagnose patients.
- Focus on the core knowledge needed for successful results with templated, concise chapters containing both traditional and unusual presentations of pathology. Each chapter will include: Typical Presentation; Variants;Mimickers (what looks like this pathology, but isn’t); and Pitfalls (how a diagnosis can be missed and how to avoid it).
- Stay up to date on today’s hot topics in radiology, including radiation concerns when using total body CT for trauma assessment; trauma in the pregnant patient; imaging pediatric craniocerebral trauma; and penetrating trauma to the torso and chest.
- Access the full text online at Expert Consult.
Lippincott Illustrated Reviews Flash Cards: Physiology 2014
A must-have for mastering essential concepts in Physiology
Based on the best-selling Lippincott Illustrated Reviews series, Lippincott Illustrated Reviews Flash Cards: Physiology helps you review, assimilate, and integrate essentials of complex subject matter. Developed for fast content absorption, these 200 high-yield cards support course learning and board exam preparation.
See inside for:
-More than 400 lively, full-color images that bring concepts to life.
- Spot flash questions to test your grasp of key concepts or equations on a lecture-by-lecture basis!
- In-depth course review questions to ensure a thorough understanding of course material.
- Clinical correlation questions that associate key basic science concepts to clinical scenarios.
-Bolded key terms for easy navigation and quick comprehension.
Atlas of Interstitial Lung Disease Pathology: Pathology with High Resolution CT Correlations
- Andrew Churg, MD, Professor of Pathology, University of British Columbia, Pathologist, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Nestor L. Muller, MD, PhD, Professor Emeritus of Radiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Providing pathologists with the extensive array of illustrations necessary to understand the morphologic spectrum of interstitial lung disease (ILD), Atlas of Interstitial Lung Disease Pathology: Pathology with High Resolution CT Correlations provides a clear guide to this often confusing and difficult topic. Each chapter touches on the important radiology, clinical, mechanistic, and prognostic features along with numerous illustrations of pathologic findings in a concise, easy-to-follow format.
Packed with over 500 images that clarify the morphologic spectrum of interstitial lung diseases and demonstrate the features of the differential diagnoses, this quick reference will help you:
- Observe and determine if a case shows the diagnostic features of a particular disease.
- Effectively diagnose ILD through detailed illustrations of the pathology and expert coverage of imaging in every chapter.
- Broaden your understanding of uncommon variants of relatively common ILDs; for example, fibrosis in chronic eosinophilic pneumonia (CEP) and in BOOP, interstitial spread of Langerhans cell histiocytosis (LCH), and progression of desquamative interstitial pneumonia (DIP) to a picture of fibrotic nonspecific interstitial pneumonia (NSIP).
- Use imaging material to understand the pathologic changes behind the radiologic appearances of ILDs.
- Stresses the team approach necessary for the final diagnosis of interstitial lung diseases
Fundamentals of Pain Medicine: How to Diagnose and Treat your Patients 2014
Diagnose and treat your patients confidently with Fundamentals of Pain Medicine. This comprehensive new resource addresses the concerns you face when treating your patients with acute and chronic pain. Chapters present the key pain management options available today along with expert advice and insight into overcoming diagnostic and therapeutic obstacles, including prescribing medications and avoiding opioid abuse. In addition to interventional and non-interventional treatments, multidisciplinary approaches such as physical therapy, complementary therapy, and chiropractic treatment are presented. Fundamentals of Pain Medicine is an essential guide for any healthcare professional seeking to improve the quality of pain treatments and patients’ comfort. Features: eBook with searchable text, accessible image bank, and patient education materials; illustrations accompanying text with numerous images and boxed elements; numerous case examples and most common treatments, relevant and applicable to everyday clinical use; step-by-step instruction on office-based procedures; now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access; complete content with enhanced navigation; a powerful search that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web; cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation; highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text; ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues; and, quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future.
Ultrasound of Congenital Fetal Anomalies: Differential Diagnosis and Prognostic Indicators, Second Edition 2014
The most frequently asked questions that confront the fetal medicine trainee/expert on a daily basis are “Is the finding real or merely an artifact?” and “Is the diagnosis correct?”. However, to be able to find the description of an abnormal ultrasound finding in a textbook, one generally has to search by the definite diagnosis, which has not been done as yet.
This uneasy feeling was the first factor that directed the layout of Ultrasound of Congenital Fetal Anomalies: Differential Diagnosis and Prognostic Indicators, Second Edition. Copiously illustrated, the book displays fetal anomalies by scanning view and descriptions of all major ultrasound planes, detailing what can be considered a normal view and what cannot.
See What’s New in the Second Edition:
- Early detection of fetal anomalies (1214 weeks)
- Ultrasound in fetal infections and in twins
- The nuchal translucency issue, the newest intracranial translucency as well as the range of congenital anomalies detectable at this gestational age
- Expanded coverage of heart anomalies, including arrhythmias and early fetal echocardiography
The author’s mission continues to be to provide guidance on how to quickly recognize and diagnose congenital fetal anomalies, beginning at the beginning with ultrasound sigh all the way through to final diagnosis.
Orthopaedic and Trauma Nursing: An Evidence-based Approach to Musculoskeletal Care 2014
Orthopaedic and Trauma Nursing provides practitioners working in orthopaedic and musculoskeletal trauma settings with the essential evidence, guidance and knowledge required to underpin effective practice. This comprehensive and contemporary textbook explores the variety of adult and paediatric clinical settings where orthopaedic and trauma practitioners work, including acute wards, clinics, community hospitals, nursing homes and patients’ homes.
Divided into 5 sections, this book looks at: key issues in orthopaedic and musculoskeletal trauma care; specialist practice issues; common orthopaedic conditions and their care and management; musculoskeletal trauma care; and care of children and young people. Suitable for students at degree level as well as those clinicians practicing in more advanced orthopaedic and trauma care roles, Orthopaedic and Trauma Nursing is a foremost authority on orthopaedic and musculoskeletal practice for both students and practitioners.
Orthopaedic and Trauma Nursing:
- Is strongly supported by the latest evidence, with chapters summarizing evidence, with reference to relevant and seminal research
- Offers practical guidance based on the relevant evidence
- Focuses on the perspective of the patient with patient narrative and case studies throughout
- Includes a section specifically dealing with children and young people
Pregnancy and Kidney Disease – ECAB
There are certain structural and functional changes that develop in the urinary tract during normal regnancy, which are significantly different than non-pregnant normal females. During pregnancy in women with underlying chronic kidney disease (CKD), the adaptation to these changes may not be optimal. Under these circumstances, the pregnancy outcome as well as maternal CKD may be affected.
The issue focuses on the physiological changes in the kidney and assessment of proteinuria and GFR during pregnancy. The current update also details the cases of pregnancy in the setting of CKD describing the effect of CKD on pregnancy as well as effect of pregnancy on CKD. The chapter on pregnancy-induced hypertension-Pre-eclampsia focuses on the prevention and management of complications in the patient. The authors also give an insight into the pregnancy in cases after kidney transplantation.