ABC of Ear, Nose and Throat, 6 edition
ABC of Ear, Nose and Throat is a long established best-selling guide to the management of common conditions of the Ears, Nose and Throat. It follows a symptomatic approach for evaluation and prioritisation of common presentations, and provides guidance on primary care assessment and management, and on when and why to refer for a specialist opinion.
Fully revised to reflect the current practice of oto-rhino-laryngology and head and neck surgery, new chapters address the increasing specialization and improved understanding of the likely causes and specialist treatment for symptoms such as tinnitus, nasal discharge, nasal obstruction, facial plastic surgery, head and neck trauma and foreign bodies, and non-specialist assessment and examination. There is new content on rhinoplasty, pinnaplasty, non-melanoma skin tumours, thyroid disease and head and neck cancer, with many new full colour illustrations and algorithms throughout.
Mis Libros de Medicina Present:
Only Surgery Gold Members Can Download This Book.
ABC of Emergency Radiology, 3rd edition
Rapid acquisition and interpretation of radiographs, portable ultrasound (US) and computed tomography (CT) are now the mainstay of initial successful management of sick and traumatized patients presenting to Accident and Emergency Departments.
The ABC of Emergency Radiology is a simple and logical step-by-step guide on how to interpret radiographs, US and CT. It incorporates all the latest technological advances, including replacing plain radiographs with digital radiographs, changes in imaging protocols and the role of portable US and multidetector CT.
With over 400 illustrations and annotated radiographs, this thoroughly revised third edition provides more images, new illustrations, and new chapters on emergency US and CT that reflect current practice. Each chapter starts with radiological anatomy, standard and then additional views, a systematic approach to interpretation (ABC approach) and followed by a review of common abnormalities.
The ABC of Emergency Radiology is an invaluable resource for accident and emergency staff, trainee radiologists, medical students, nurses, radiographers and all medical personnel involved in the immediate care of trauma patients
Fundamentals of Skeletal Radiology, 4th Edition Expert Consult: Online and Print 2014
- Clyde A. Helms, MD, Professor of Radiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
Fundamentals of Skeletal Radiology remains a perfect first book on musculoskeletal radiologyand a terrific quick review of the subject. With its entertaining writing style and many new and improved imaging examples, turn to the “pink book” for an effective, concise, and enjoyable introduction to musculoskeletal imaging - just as tens of thousands of radiology students, residents, and clinicians have done with previous editions of this medical reference book.
New to This Edition
- Quickly grasp the MSK radiology fundamentals you need to know through an easy-to-understand format and hundreds of radiographs and images.
- Discern subtleties and nuances by examining full-color imaging examples.
- Apply the latest knowledge and techniques in skeletal imaging. Extensive updates equip you with new technology and major advancements as well as an increased emphasis on MR imaging and enhanced coverage of knee imaging.
- Address radiation dosage concerns and apply new techniques aimed at early detection.
- Visually grasp musculoskeletal imaging concepts and techniques through hundreds of high-quality digital radiographs, MRIs, bone scans, and CT images.
- Easily understand the basics of skeletal radiology from the author’s succinct, highly accessible writing style that makes information straightforward for beginners
by Clyde A. Helms MD (Paperback)
Only 13 left in stock–order soon. Offered by Amazon.
McGraw-Hill Medical Dictionary for Allied Health
- Myrna Breskin, BA
- Kevin Dumith, MS, MBA
- Enid Pearsons, MS
- Rober t G. Seeman, MD
McGraw-Hill Medical Dictionary for Allied Health is a resource that provides correct, complete, current, and easy-to-understand definitions of medical terms to assist allied health students in meeting the challenges of providing quality health care today and in the years to come. This beautiful full-color dictionary is the only one on the market specifically designed for you, the allied health student.
Building a Medical Vocabulary: with Spanish Translations, 8th Edition
- Peggy C. Leonard, BA, MT, MEd, Chesterfield, MO
The language of medicine is complex, but learning it doesn’t have to be. Using a conversational writing style and a logical, programmed approach, Building a Medical Vocabulary with Spanish Translations, 8th Edition starts with common words you hear everyday and adds new root words, prefixes, and suffixes to introduce you to key medical terminology. Additionally, this valuable text comes with a wealth of engaging review tools – such as interactive games, sound files, and Programmed Learning sections – to enhance your understanding of textbook terms and principles, polish your pronunciation skills, and help you get comfortable communicating in the language of health care.
New to This Edition
- NEW! Word-building and word analysis exercises reinforce word parts and meanings.
- Upgraded art program offers more pathologic and diagnostic photos as well as more explanatory diagrams of physiology.
- Mini-glossaries in the body systems chapters add “rapid-fire” recall and help break up programmed learning blocks.
- Beyond the Blueprint provides additional information about terms, including their extended meanings beyond what can be determined by word part analysis.
- Career Profiles cover job realities and insights from practicing professionals to expose you to a variety of different medical careers.
- Understanding Relationships of Terms sections group terms by medical application in an end-of-chapter list to reinforce your understanding of terminology.
- Programmed Learning sections allow you to actively participate in learning and get instant feedback on your progress.
- Thorough explanation of terms presents vocabulary in the context of medical settings to improve your understanding and term recall.
- Consistent format in body systems chapters categorizes terms as anatomic, diagnostic, or therapeutic to acquaint you with the type of discussion that is occurring in health care reports.
- Direct, conversational writing style makes reading and absorbing the material enjoyable.
- Bookmark pronunciation guide doubles as a device to cover the answer column while working in theProgrammed Learning sections of the text.
- Health Care Reports and case studies encourage you to apply your knowledge to job-like situations.
- Be Careful with These caution boxes highlight important distinctions you need to make among terms that are similar in spelling and/or pronunciation.
- Function First sections introduce you to physiology and why each body system is important.
- Moderate A&P coverage provides just the right amount of information you need to understand body systems in the context of medical terminology.
- Spanish translations familiarize you with the most common Spanish terminology that you are likely to encounter in the clinical environment.
- Pharmacology coverage introduces key drug classes for disorders of each body system and offers more detailed information in the appendix.
- Comprehensive end-of-chapter reviews bring learning “full circle” and allow you to measure your learning against chapter objectives.
- Comprehensive Review chapter integrates terms from throughout the text to prepare you for your final examination.
- Online sound files provide audible reinforcement of correct pronunciations.
- Student Resources on Evolve feature engaging activities and tools to further your understanding of terms and concepts from the text.
- Glossary/Index eases the process of finding a word and its definition in the text.
by Peggy C. Leonard BA MT MEd (Paperback)
In Stock. Offered by Amazon.com.
Only Basic Gold Members can Download this Book
Stedman’s Medical Abbreviations, Acronyms & Symbols, 5th Edition
Identify current abbreviations, acronyms, and symbols quickly and easily. Gain immediate access to medical terms that help you comply with the new JCAHO mandate for standardized hospital abbreviations. You’ll have thousands of new abbreviations for a wide range of specialties, including anatomy, physiology, internal medicine, pathology, laboratory medicine, organisms, infectious diseases, plastic surgery, ENT, dentistry, alternative medicine, endocrinology, and more, right at your fingertips!
The 5th Edition of Stedman’s Medical Abbreviations, Acronyms, & Symbols also comes with 3 months of free acccess toStedmans Online. You’ll also find a wide range of symbols, professional titles and degrees, professional associations and organizations, chemotherapy and other drug regimens, and clinical trials. Now includes highlighted dangerous and error-prone abbreviations, slang terms in red font, and more.
- Total number of entries has been expanded, covering the latest abbreviations, acronyms, and symbols used in health care
- Error-prone abbreviations that should not be used are highlighted with a special icon
Medical Language for Modern Health Care, 3rd Edition
- David Allan
- Karen Lockyer
Medical Language for Modern Health Care, third Edition, is the ticket to success in mastering medical terminology. The third edition introduces medical terms within a health care environment with authentic scenarios. Chapters are broken into lessons that present and define terminology through the context of anatomy and physiology, pathology, as well as clinical and diagnostic procedures. The revision also provides newly added chapters covering Geriatrics, Oncology, Radiology, and Pharmacology. Now available with Connect Plus+ and LearnSmart, the adaptive technology creates specific learning plans for each student adjusting alongside their progress. Connect Plus+ helps medical terminology come to life through animations, audio files, and multiple opportunities for practice. Established in increasing student engagement, retention, and overall success, McGraw-Hill’s LearnSmart for Medical Terminology is sure to get the conversation flowing!
de David Allan, Karen Lockyer (Versión Kindle)
Este producto no se puede comprar como regalo en este momento. (¿Por qué?)
Disponible para descargar ya. Ofrecido por Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
Dorland Dictionnaire médical bilingue
Ce premier “vrai” dictionnaire bilingue est la traduction intégrale en français de la 28e édition du Dorland’s Pocket Medical Dictionnary. C’est un outil indispensable destiné à faciliter la compréhension et l’acquisition de l’anglais médical. Vous trouverez : – 37000 définitions, en français et en anglais, couvrant l’essentiel de la pratique médicale : termes anatomiques, maladies, syndromes, substantifs à utilisation médicale, terminologie spécifique ; – 32 planches en couleur composées de vues anatomiques des muscles, nerfs, artères et veines, et des principaux organes ; – des tableaux des artères, des os, des muscles, des nerfs, des veines, des éléments chimiques, des nombres atomiques, des poids et mesures ; – l’étymologie, les synonymes et les renvois. Le “Dorland” Dictionnaire médical bilingue s’adresse aux : – praticiens hospitaliers, généralistes ou libéraux, soucieux d’approfondir leur connaissance de l’anglais médical ; – étudiants en médecine ; – professions paramédicales. Inclus avec ce livre : la version en ligne du dictionnaire.
de François Maniez, Collectif (Tapa blanda)
En stock. Ofrecido por Amazon.
The Language of Medicine, 10th Edition
- Davi-Ellen Chabner, BA, MAT, Newton Centre, MA
Bring medical terminology to life with Davi-Ellen Chabner’s bestselling The Language of Medicine, 10th Edition! By presenting medical terms within the context of the body’s anatomy and physiology, and in health and disease, this proven resource makes it easy to learn a working medical vocabulary built on the most frequently encountered prefixes, suffixes, and combining forms. Practical exercises and case studies demonstrate how medical terms are used in practice. Add an engaging student Evolve website with medical animations and videos, word games, flash cards, and more, and you’ll be ready to communicate confidently in the clinical setting and succeed in your healthcare career.
New to This Edition
- NEW! In Person narratives help you understand diseases and conditions from the patient’s perspective.
- NEW! A Closer Look highlights particular conditions.
- NEW! Images and photos illustrate difficult terms and procedures.
- NEW! Terms and definitions keep you up to date with healthcare advances.
- More Spotlights identify and clarify potentially confusing terminology.
- Error-prone abbreviations list derived from the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) list alerts you to abbreviations that should not be used in the clinical setting.
- Simple, clear, non-technical explanations demystify medical terminology even if you have little or no background in medicine or science.
- Practical applications such as case reports, operative and diagnostic tests, and laboratory and x-ray reports demonstrate the use of medical terminology in practice.
- Self-study text/workbook approach reinforces learning every step of the way with labeling diagrams, pronunciation tests, and review sheets.
- Full-color illustrations depict anatomy, physiology, and pathology, putting medical terms in the context of the body’s structure and function.
- Comprehensive glossaries and appendices serve as quick references for use in the classroom and on the job.
by Davi-Ellen Chabner BA MAT (Paperback)
In Stock. Offered by Amazon.com.
Mosby’s Pocket Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions Edition 7
Mosby’s Pocket Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health, 7thEdition is your portable, quick-access reference to help you make sense of the complex world of health care. It features over 35,700 authoritative definitions (including approximately 300 all-new definitions) of diseases, procedures, equipment, drugs, and more, along with pronunciations, etymologies, and a Spanish/English appendix. If you want the most reliable health science information literally right at your fingertips, then look no further than this bestselling pocket dictionary.
• Emphasis on nursing and health science terminologysupport health science students and practicing professionals.
• Small size makes dictionary easy to transport.
• Over 35,700 definitions provides students and health professionals with necessary information.
• Alphabetized screened thumb tabs save you time finding terms.
• British spellings help users recognize alternate spellings.
• Included etymologies build professional vocabulary and understanding of medical terminology.
• Newly revised definitions make this a cohesive and portal reference.
• 300 new definitions added for the latest terms in health care, drugs and medical and nursing terminology.
Only 4 left in stock–order soon. Offered by Amazon.com.